Promoting a Safer Church
The Parishes and Churches of Washburn Valley and Mid-Wharfedale welcome children and young people and want them to be safe when they are on church premises or attending a church-run event.
We also recognise that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as vulnerable at some time in our lives.
In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy, we are committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
Reporting abuse or raising a concern
IF THERE IS IMMEDIATE RISK of danger or someone needs urgent medical attention, please contact the emergency services on 999.
IF YOU ARE CONCERNED about the welfare of a child, young person or vulnerable adult, do not hesitate to contact our Benefice Safeguarding Officer, Rebecca Campbell (01943 818600 or 07973 334298) or the Vicar, Revd Teresa McLaughlin ([email protected] or 01943 818113).
Concerns may also be raised with the Diocesan Safeguarding Officer ([email protected] or 0113 353 0257).
Further safeguarding information and resources can be found on the Diocese of Leeds website here.
We understand that you may feel nervous, anxious or unsure about reporting abuse or raising a safeguarding concern. Please be assured that we will treat any disclosures sensitively and appropriately.